Kentucky Board of Optometric Examiners
2365 Harrodsburg Road, Suite A240
Lexington, Kentucky 40504-3333
FREE On-Line Pain Management Continuing Education
Two hours of pain management coursework are required annually as long as you have a DEA license. The courses are sponsored by the University of KY and are free. There are several courses available and you will need to complete 2 courses to equal 2 hours annually.
You will be required to create a CE Central Account if you are a first time user. Click the link above for course offerings.
After you make your course selection, click on "Learn More" in the Activity Detail box to the right of the course title. Watch the video and answer the questions at the end. Print your completion certificate and fax to the Board at 859-246-2746. Remember you cannot repeat a course. Print your transcript and it will show courses already taken. Call UK CE Central at 859-257-5320 if you have any problems.
ANOTHER OPTION FOR COMPLETING THE PAIN MANAGEMENT/ADDICTION DISORDER COURSE:
1. Course: Pain Management in the Optometric Practice for 2 hours
2. Course: Narcotic Prescribing and Drug Diversion for 2 hours
Remember to forward your completion certificate to the board office.
Applicants for initial licensure shall submit to a FBI criminal background check by means of a finger-print check pursuant to 201 KAR 5:010 Section 2(a)(b) & KRS 218A.205
STATE AND FEDERAL (FINGERPRINTING) CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECKS
Note: All state and federal background checks are valid for a period of six months.
EFFECTIVE FEBRUARY 1, 2021 - A NEW PROCESS FOR STATE AND FEDERAL (FINGERPRINTING) BACKGROUND CHECKS
All applicants will need to register via the UEnroll website utilizing our Service Code (27GJZY). You will are now able to complete both the state and federal (fingerprinting) background checks through this service.
IdentoGO is committed to a 98% classifiable rate, which means quality prints, less rejections, and quick responses. Appointments are available by scheduling on-line at http://uenroll.identogo.com or by calling 1-844-543-9714 .
This new process:
- Eliminates the need to request background checks from two separate entities
- Improves the capture, accuracy, tracking and delivery of record information for background check purposes
- Ensures data integrity, data validation, error remediation, and improved systemperformance
- Eliminates the need for agencies to capture fingerprints, collect payments, and remit for processing
- Eliminates the need for the Kentucky State Police (KSP) to manually scan and process fingerprint hard cards
Additional information provided below: